Most people in the world would rather stay in and rest than paint their wooden floors.
- Most people in the world would rather stay in and rest than paint their wooden floors.
- Painting your floors is a task that requires a lot of time and effort.
- How to Clean Wooden Floors: Primer and the Basics
- How to paint wooden floors?
- Types of primer :
Painting your floors is a task that requires a lot of time and effort.
Luckily, we’re here to offer up some helpful tips for painting your wooden floors, to ensure your floor will look its very best for years to come. The benefits of painting your wooden floors are endless. Whether you’re into DIY projects or would like to spruce up the look of your home, painting your wooden floors can be a very rewarding process. Before you get started, make sure to read this guide on how to paint wooden floors. You won’t regret it!
How to Clean Wooden Floors: Primer and the Basics
What is the wood primer?
Wood primer is the coat that needs to be applied before the paint.The primer is one of the most important steps of painting the wooden floors. The primer has so many pluses, here are some of them:
- Protects the wood;
- Creates a fine base coat, for the paint;
- The use of primer helps the paint last longer;
We recommend using a primer if you paint the floors alone to create a professional-looking painting job.
What you need to know before using primer :
How to paint wooden floors?
If you’re thinking about painting your wooden floors, here are some tips for everything you need. The best way to paint wooden floors is to first take care of the surface. The best option for this is a clean, waxed coat. We recommend using oil-based polyurethane because it will help protect the wood from moisture and prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Use a small brush and roll on one coat with your paint roller or finish with a foam applicator. The next step is to lightly sand the surface, getting rid of any imperfections in the wood before using your primer and second coat. Then be sure you’ve picked the right paint and primers for your floors. The best type of paint will be high-quality exterior latex paint. Make sure you apply two coats. We recommend letting the coats dry for at least six hours before applying more coats if necessary. Finally, use a quality sealant after your final coat has dried for better protection against water.
Top 5 reasons why you should use primer :
Types of primer :
There are hundreds of thousands of available primers on the market. The most popular types of primers are:
- Oil-based primer- Oil-based primers are the most commonly used type and are also known as standard primers. This type of primer works well in the fight against stains and easily prevents them. They are also efficient protectors from water damage and prevent the paint placed on top of them from cracking.
- Shellac primer- This type of primer is convenient to use not only with wood but also with metal, plastic, etc. It helps with any sort of stains, including fume stains. The minus of this material is that it is not that easy to use. Shellac primer is perhaps the oldest primer that has ever been used.
- Latex-based primer – These primers are on the base of water and are good for softwood floors. They are fast-drying, versatile, and easy to clean up.